Thomas Peterffy: Founder, Chairman of the Board of Directors
- Mr. Peterffy emigrated to the U.S. from Hungary in 1965 and has been at the forefront of applying computer technology to automate trading and brokerage functions.
- In 1977, after purchasing a seat on the American Stock Exchange and trading as an individual market maker in equity options, he was among the first to apply a computerized mathematical model to continuously value equity option prices.
- Five years later, Mr. Peterffy built and ran an automated trading system for equity options and, in 1983, was the first to develop a tablet computer for use by his employees trading on exchange floors.
- By 1986, he had developed and employed a fully integrated, automated market making system for stocks, options and futures, which was extended around the globe in the ensuing years.
- Online brokerage functions were added and, in 1993, Interactive Brokers was formed, using its global capacity for transaction processing to link up with the electronic exchanges starting up around the world.
- Mr. Peterffy is a recognized pioneer in the advancement of securities markets and electronic brokerage and trading.
Milan Galik: Chief Executive Officer, President and Director
- Mr. Galik joined Interactive Brokers in 1990 as a software developer after being recruited by Thomas Peterffy, founder and Chairman of the company.
- In 1991, after trading European derivatives for the firm, Mr. Galik moved to Frankfurt, Germany where he helped launch Interactive Brokers' German operations and ran the derivatives trading desk on the first electronic exchange in Frankfurt.
- On returning to the United States in 1992, Mr. Galik helped build Interactive Brokers' automated market making systems, and over time gradually switched his focus onto building the firm's electronic brokerage segment.
- He was named President of the company in 2014, and Chief Executive Officer in 2019.
- Mr. Galik is on the Boards of BOX Holdings Group LLC and its subsidiary, BOX Options Market LLC.
- He received his M.S. in Electrical Engineering from Technical University of Budapest.
Earl H. Nemser: Vice Chairman and Director
- Mr. Nemser became Vice Chairman in November 2006, after serving as a director and/or officer for various IBKR affiliates since 1988.
- He is an Independent Advisor to the law firm Dechert LLP, and served there as Special Counsel from 2005 to 2018.
- Prior to this, he served as Partner at the law firms Swidler Berlin Shereff Friedman (1995 to 2004), and Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft (prior to 1995).
- Mr. Nemser specializes in commercial counseling and litigation with an emphasis on securities and commodities law.
- Mr. Nemser received a B.A. in Economics from New York University, and a J.D., magna cum laude, from Boston University School
Paul J. Brody: Chief Financial Officer, Treasurer,
Secretary and Director
- Mr. Brody joined the company as Treasurer in 1987, taking responsibility for all back-office operations, and became Chief Financial Officer in 2003.
- Mr. Brody has served in the past as member Vice Chairman of The Options Clearing Corporation and as a director of Quadriserv Inc., an electronic securities lending platform.
- Prior to this, he held positions in marketing, new business development and as Credit Manager for Mocatta Metals Corp., an international commodities trading firm.
- Mr. Brody received a B.A. in Economics with distinction from Cornell University.
Thomas A. Frank: Executive Vice President and
Chief Information Officer
- Dr. Frank joined the company in 1985 and was instrumental in the development of the company's early market making systems. He became Chief Information Officer in 2006.
- Dr. Frank is responsible for the company's technical infrastructure and operations and information security, among other duties.
- He is a member of the Board of Directors of The Options Clearing Corporation.
- Dr. Frank received an S.B. and a Ph.D. in Physics from Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
Lawrence E. Harris: Director
- Professor of Finance and Business Economics, and director of the Center of Investment Studies at the University of Southern California, where he holds the Fred V. Keenan Chair in Finance at the Marshall School of Business.
- Serves as a director of the Clipper Fund and as the research coordinator of the Institute for Quantitative Research in Finance.
- From 2002 – 2004, served as the Chief Economist of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Ph.D. in Economics, University of Chicago 1982.
- Formerly the Managing Partner at Echinus Partners, an investment partnership
- Associate at SPO Partners, 2010 - 2012
- Investment Analyst at Sloane Robinson, 2008 - 2009
- B.A. in Economics and East Asian Studies, Yale University
William Peterffy: Director
- Chair of the Investment Committee of the Peterffy Foundation where he oversees its investment portfolio.
- Member of the Board of Trustees of the Collective Heritage Institute (commonly known as Bioneers) and focuses his efforts on sustainability issues.
- Worked as an investment analyst within the hedge fund industry.
- Environmental Studies, University of Colorado Boulder
- 2012-2018, Credit Suisse - Managing Director, Head of Equities, North Asia and Vice Chairman, Greater China
- 1994-2012, UBS - Managing Director, various senior management positions across Equities, Equity Capital Markets and
- Prior to 1994, she was a practicing attorney admitted to practice in the US, UK and Hong Kong.
- Active in public duties in Hong Kong, including as member of numerous panels and Boards for the HK SAR Government,
including for the Securities and Futures Commission and Census and Statistics department.
- LL.B. University of Hong Kong
- LL.M. Harvard Law School
- Three decades of experience in human resources and talent management holding leadership roles at companies including Condé Nast, American Express and Sotheby's.
- Compensation Committee Chair for WOW Internet & Cable and appointed to the 2015 Quadrennial Commission evaluating compensation levels for New York City elected officials.
- MBA from New York University-Stern School of Business with a focus in Management & Organizational Behavior.
- Independent board member for Michigan-based Service Express and New York-based Simulmedia, and former Mayor's Representative to the board of the New York Public Library.